This is a kodak moment of sheer embarassment. My friends and I always try to come up with all sorts of crazy bets at work, and this one was one of the funniest to watch. You may recognize this guy because hes also one of the writers here, and this is probably the first of many posts about his uncanny ability to lose all wagers he takes with us. Let me break this one down for you in steps…
1. Ashley purchases ungodly expensive putter to go with his less than average golf game. He thinks it will make him Tiger-esque once he has this on the green…
2. I’m not buyin it…the wheels start turning for a bet
3. Mutual friend Jon is a scratch golfer on a good day, can putt well, I have confidence in him
4. I propose the following bet to Ashley: I bet Jon can beat you and your Scotty Cameron with a 2×4…hilarity ensues…both sides accept the challenge.
5. The rules and regulations are laid out for the proposition: 10 putts from within 10 feet from all different angles/slopes on the local putting green. Best out of 10 wins the bet
6. The Wager: If Jon wins Ashley must buy Jon a box of Titleist Pro V1s, and buy me a case of Miller Lite. If Ashley wins, we give him the same in return. I feel confident we got this, Ashley is nervous
7. The Putt-Off: Ashley is up first, sinks the first putt, Jon sinks it right behind him…with a 2×4. Jon is clutch…I feel more confident. The following putts present a total meltdown for Ashley, and eventually leads to Jon closing his ass out…in 8 putts…with a 2×4.
8. Ashley isn’t happy…Ashley throws putter…Ashley says 4 letter words…repeat
9. Jon and I are high-fiving like Jordan and Pippen…as if there was never any pressure, a total ass-kicking just as we had thought from the beginning
10. Ashley takes pic w/ 2 dollar “Knotty Cameron 2×4” made of wood that just took down the $300 Scotty Cameron piece of shit
Here are a few more pics of the event for your enjoyment..